News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Xcode OLDER

Previous topic - Next topic

PaLe

hi, and sorry for my (terrible :shit:) English.

question: can i Compile iPHONE.app with this configuration ?
Xcode: 3.1.4

this is my first try for compile a GLB program for iPhone on my GF <3 MAC...but I receive the message
about an OLDER version of Xcode... anyway I choose to open iPhone.xcodeproj" for try it.

When compiling I have this message: There is no SDK with the name of path "iphoneos.3.0" and anyway You see that some .framework are tagged red.  O_O in the debugger mode...

so, I can fix it and continue the compiling or I can't do it?  :nw:

sorry for the photo but I no have ideas to take screenshot on MAC

PaLe

PaLe

this is the photo... sry

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

I would update to the latest version of XCode for 10.5 - should solve that problem...

PaLe

tks for the reply.

The Xcode version is 3.1.4. (xcode314_2809_developerdvd.dmg)
In the App.Devoloper site I don't find any newer version except the 3.2.x for the 10.6 OS and they write that there isn't compatibily with 10.5 ... or I wrong?

Maybe, I have to download the complete SDK ? and which is the correct one?

Ciao,

PaLe

trucidare

iPhone Developement needs at least 10.6.2 snow leopard and the xcode - iphone image from apple.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

You used to be able to do it with 10.5

Its possible the project was created with 10.6, which wouldn't be compatible with XCode in 10.5

PaLe

The source of the project is generated with GLB IDE 8.078;

ok, probably this IDE is only compatible with OS 10.6, because I just seen that some framework aren't included in the Xcode Library Path(devoloper)... :blink:

In this case, I like to know if is possible that and older version of GLB generate a source.prj compatible with Xcode 3.1.4 on OS 10.5 leopard, just for try the application on iPhone.... otherwise...uhm... Do you think that it's a good solution buy an USED macMini with Snow Leopard ??? (christmas it's near...)

Ian Price

Can't you just upgrade your OS? Snow Leopard is only £25 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Snow+Leopard&x=18&y=16. I doubt you'd get a new Mac Mini for anywhere near that price.
I came. I saw. I played.

PaLe

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Sep-12
Can't you just upgrade your OS? Snow Leopard is only £25 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Snow+Leopard&x=18&y=16. I doubt you'd get a new Mac Mini for anywhere near that price.

I thought that it was not possible!!!   my gf told me that isn't possible to upgrade the Mac... if is REALLY possible I think to make a gift for her (and ME :happy:) !!!

THANKS Ian!!!

PaLe

:'(

...maybe I need a TUTORIAL....

I Upgrade OSX to 10.6 SnowLeopard, installed Xcode 3.2.4, but I still receive the same MESSAGE.

in my last tryes I Compiled (in Parallels) various My examples (5 simple, 1 normal) using the last GLB sdk 8.085 and a pair using the previous 8.078 but for each project I have the same problem.

What I do Wrong???

Paolo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

That's not the same message as you had before, and I have explained clearly how to fix this in another thread - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5092.msg39390#msg39390

but the basics are -

Once XCode is installed -
Go to Project > Edit Active Target "iPhone" > Base SDK and set IOS Device  to your current OS number (It'll probably show "3.xx Missing") - changed mine to 4.1 (the current update for iPod Touch). Exit then click where it says Base SDK Missing and click on Release. This works everytime for me.
:)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

I had the impression, that I have to set the SDK and code signing profile in >>Edit Active Target "iPhone"<<, as well as >>Edit Project<< (or so, the menu item above the target).

Please check both. I have no idea what's the difference, though.

Ian Price

Nope. I've always done it this way and it works perfectly.
I came. I saw. I played.

PaLe

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Sep-28
That's not the same message as you had before, and I have explained clearly how to fix this in another thread - http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5092.msg39390#msg39390

but the basics are -

Once XCode is installed -
Go to Project > Edit Active Target "iPhone" > Base SDK and set IOS Device  to your current OS number (It'll probably show "3.xx Missing") - changed mine to 4.1 (the current update for iPod Touch). Exit then click where it says Base SDK Missing and click on Release. This works everytime for me.
:)

tks for reply, i'm looking at your previously thread...and also at "mobiforge"... to learn ...
uhm, my iOS is 3.1.3... can I continue to DEV ???

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Sep-28
I had the impression, that I have to set the SDK and code signing profile in >>Edit Active Target "iPhone"<<, as well as >>Edit Project<< (or so, the menu item above the target).

Please check both. I have no idea what's the difference, though.

tks Kitty... I'll try...

Ian Price

You'll need to update your iPhod to the latest OS by the look of things. Maybe changing the iOS setting to a lower value might work for you. Try it and see.
I came. I saw. I played.