Camera and Polyvector

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I'm using Windows 8.1, and AMD Graphics card too.  Drivers are 14.10

erico

I think it may be a setting on the gfx card. I´m curious to see what the glitch looks like.

Kyo

See the error ...

erico

If I got it correct, it looks like tearing.
So it is a VSYNC issue.

Other then limit fps, take a look at the setting of you gfx card, it usually overides everything including GLB here in my computer.
See if you find anything related:

-double or triple buffer and leave that always on.
-vertical sync and leave that always on too.

Try a mix, the triple buffer might not be needed.
Your laptop monitor has a drive and is a 60hz right?

Hope it all helps

Kyo

I install the latest version of catalyst driver 14.4 ... the problem remains...

I found the triple buffer in catalyst option and I active but ... the problem remains...

The VSync option in catalyst not exist ....

Yes my internal monitor it's 1366x768 60 hz and I have test with external TV/Monitor Samsung '42 with HDMI (in various resolution 1280x700 up to  1900x1200)  but ....   the problem remains...

:giveup: :giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

erico

There is no way (IMO) vertical sync not existing into settings of a gfx card on PC.
It must be hidden with a different name.

See if this helps:
QuoteOpen the amd vision engine control center, click the gaming tab along the left side, click 3d application settings and scroll down until you see the words "wait for vertical refresh".

For nvidea, it is control panel>manage 3d settings>vertical sync
triple buffer is there too.

Kyo

Quote from: erico on 2014-May-21
There is no way (IMO) vertical sync not existing into settings of a gfx card on PC.
It must be hidden with a different name.

See if this helps:
QuoteOpen the amd vision engine control center, click the gaming tab along the left side, click 3d application settings and scroll down until you see the words "wait for vertical refresh".

For nvidea, it is control panel>manage 3d settings>vertical sync
triple buffer is there too.

Yesssssssssssssss it Work ....  :good:  :booze:  :nw:

But the problem it's for all PC  that have the same configuration .... GL_B can not activate this thing automatically???

erico

I wondered about that a long ago too.
But I don´t know, each card installs in a different fashion and I´m one to mess with it first install.

I don´t know which settings a gfx card installs first time.
I had similar problems with AA on my machines at the time, but all other computers I tried did not have a problem.

MrTAToad

You wont always get perfect VYSNC on a multi-tasking computer.  However, it would be much better if you set "Wait for Vsync Refresh" to "on" in the graphics card settings.  I'll post a video of it soon.  Filming will also affect what you see too.

Video : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1vz2v8_test-2014-05-21-22-25-20-51_tech

You wont be able to do anything about the anti-aliasing, by the way, as the sprite itself is anti-aliased :)

Kyo

No i don't want to use AA i use a point sprite.  :P

But it's important it would be important that GL_B activate these functions automatically, so others persons (especially  who buy a game made in GL_B) may have this problem!

MrTAToad

No, it has to be done by the programmer as there are many processor speeds - you need to rate it to the computer

Kyo

I did a little test ...

The polyvector work with X_CAMERA, but the polyvector dont have the Z coordinate, and all sprites are overlapping.

If add the Z coordinate to polyvector and fix the X_Camera for the correct display, we would have a system identical to Unity 2D.

We would not need to use any external libraries (ZProject etc.), and we may use in 2D games: Progressive Zoom, auto resize on various screen resolution etc ....

Why not add this GREAT features?

For me it's important to make serious 2D games!

Please, Gernot, reply to my request!

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

kanonet

VSync has nothing to do with processor speed, its an option on the graphic card and a program can choose to use it or not (if the driver allows this selection). VSync in GLBasic seems to be bugged, at least it did not work for me, I could not even force it by enabling it in the graphic driver, it still got ignored.

Kyo I dont really know what feature you demand, do you mean something like my libSPRITE, but with the additional option to make non square rectangle sprites? Or something totally different?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

Your system use quad and I use rectangular image ... (120x300 etc)

It's also difficult to use with scale 1:1 !

The polyvector use the image size to be created and it's fantastic ...

On the Polyvector i use a Pivot for correct the image position (X and Y).

But with Polyvector i have to move all screen for simulate a scrolling and it's not good!

For Zoom (with Polyvector) I have to scale all'image and I can't choose the point to Zoom (Like a Camera).

You have to test Unity 2D for understanding what I'm saying!  ;)

Kyo

My editor work with this system:

But  Polyvector have several limitations:

If i want to make Zoom a specific zone, with Polyvector it's impossible:

Another problem with polyvector:
when i move the Player on X, in reality I move the stages (and all objects) on the -X axis, so if an enemy is coming towards me, with the  speed X: -4 (correct speed) and background locked it's work well, but, when the background is moving (X: -2), I have to compensate the speed of the enemy (or seems to move very fast)!

it's frustrating to move the stages with all object, items, enemy etc....
is the Camera that follow the player ...