Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Hacker News
« Last post by MrPlow on Yesterday at 05:24 pm »
Might be an issue with the emulator and the foreign keyboard config?

Torinak emualtor online is good too. Just use 128k mode

http://torinak.com/qaop
« Last post by Moru on Yesterday at 09:31 am »
We tried a bunch of emulators but they are all having some trouble with typing, is it normal that the spectrum misses keys all the time? Print becomes prnt and such. In general we wanted to just use the games for a stepping stone to learning GLBasic and general game programming for our daughter. It looks very nice so far and the explanations after the code is perfekt for understanding what we need to transfer into GLBasic. But we wanted to first try it on the emulator ofcourse :-)
Not helping.

Code: GLBasic [Select]
compile+link:
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libGLBasicMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDL_mixer.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libSDLmain.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/lib/libCxImageMac.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++-static.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libstdc++.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/cygdrive/c/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/Bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: table of contents for archive: /cygdrive/C/GLBasic_v15/Compiler/platform/Mac/OSX/Lib/libgcc.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 81.2 sec. Time: 20:15
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

I do not see any spaces in there. The multi-platform appeal of GLBasic is lessened in my opinion.  :doubt:
« Last post by MrPlow on 2019-Mar-21 »
Excellent! I hope you enjoy the book - you can use with real 128k or emulator :)
Off Topic / Re: Now that cool.....
« Last post by MrPlow on 2019-Mar-21 »
Excellent stuff!
Hmm, wondering if they gave Mr Smith a Next Dev Kit - might entice him to delve :)
Off Topic / Re: Now that cool.....
« Last post by bigsofty on 2019-Mar-21 »
Nice work! It has the look and feel of a micro-computer game from back in the day.  :-*
GLBasic - en / Re: Vulkan?
« Last post by Snoopy on 2019-Mar-20 »
Hi JohnnyB ! (a bit late)

For some time, there has been a lot of discussion on this and more generally on the future of GLB (especially since it moved to Steam).
Every idea is welcome  ;)
Competitions / Re: Hello World - Contest
« Last post by Snoopy on 2019-Mar-20 »
We can already say one thing: all the codes are really different, it's cool  :)

EDIT

Well, after testing his code (with his nice library), I vote for Hemlos.
Very good job guy  :good:
Please note: This platform has been depreacted, due Apple choice to remove OpenGL, which is vital for glbasic (exept if we can find a OpenGL->Metal wrapper).
This platform should really been moved compeltly to xcode (...)

What you say is interesting (and a little sad too) and I wondered if it would not be a good idea to do a good interpreter for GLB ?
Yes, it's a bit difficult but I think it's the best solution, like AGK (but faster because the AGK interpreter is very slow).

Otherwise, a GLB version entirely in DirectX only for Windows would also be a good idea.
I will look at the source code as you advised me and see if I can help.

Note : r0ber7, I have a GLB foldername without a spacebar and it works, so Spacefractal is probably right.
You should try to move glbasic to a folder without spacebar in the foldername and try again.

Please note: This platform has been depreacted, due Apple choice to remove OpenGL, which is vital for glbasic (exept if we can find a OpenGL->Metal wrapper).

This platform should really been moved compeltly to xcode, but im do no longer have a Mac, nor a Iphone as well, and they has too been very pricy as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10