Android debug certificate has expired!

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

It appears that the Android debug certificate has expired (Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:278: com.android.sdklib.build.ApkCreationException: Debug Certificate expired on 24/04/12 00:28) - this happens in both V10 and the  V11 beta and prevents the debug application from being made, and stops the application being installed on the device.

Kitty Hello

Yes. I fixed that!!

I did this:
Code (glbasic) Select

C:\Users\GF\.android>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\keytool.exe"-genkey -keypass android -keystore debug.keystore -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -validity 1000 -dname "CN=Android Debug,O=Android,C=US"

The file debug.keystore will be created in C:\Users\<username>\.android (which is a hidden directory)

MrTAToad

I'll try that

Yes, that's fine!

ChristianB

I tried your solution
And still have problems:
I opened a command prompt as administrator, changed direcory to c:\users\[my current logged in user]\.android
and executed:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_31\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey -keypass android -keystore debug.keystore -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -validity 1000 -dname "CN=Android debug,O=Android,C=US"

First it complained that the key already existed, sp I removed it with -delete switch and executed:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_31\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey -keypass android -keystore debug.keystore -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -validity 1000 -dname "CN=Android debug,O=Android,C=US"

When I used the switch -list I can see the key.

When I compile I get following error.

*** Configuration: ANDROID ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.9.829 SN:86a45f58 - 3D, NET
Wordcount:345 commands
compile+link:
running Android build-script...
BUILD STAGE 1: Compile and pack RELEASE
     [echo] Gathering info for glbasic...
     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling aidl files...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling RenderScript files...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling Resources...
     [echo] No key.store and key.alias properties found in build.properties.
     [echo] Please sign L:\Code\GLBasic\BubblePop\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-release-unsigned.apk manually
     [echo] and run zipalign from the Android SDK tools.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 5 seconds
BUILD STAGE 2: Build DEBUG and install on device
     [echo] Gathering info for glbasic...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling aidl files...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling RenderScript files...
     [echo] ----------
     [echo] Handling Resources...
     [echo] Debug Package: L:\Code\GLBasic\BubblePop\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk
     [echo] Installing L:\Code\GLBasic\BubblePop\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:1100: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\build.xml:1114: exec returned: 1

ChristianB

Problem solved, it worked after restart of phone....

bigsofty

I just got my first Android device today and I am in the process of installing JSDK 7 and Android SDK as I type, should I just use the latest V11 beta or the above fix for V10?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Wampus

Don't use JDK 7! It has problems that need ironing out. It gave me a real hard time, especially mixing 32bit and 64bit versions.

Uninstall it completely then install the latest JDK 6.

PaLe

Hi there,

(translated with Google)  ;)

I have always compiled on Android with GLBasic without problems,
But yesterday I discovered, unfortunately, have expired certificates.
I followed this post but without success.  :(
I get this message after compilation.

Wordcount:138 commands
compile+link:
running Android build-script...
BUILD STAGE 1: Compile and pack
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [echo] No key.store and key.alias properties found in build.properties.
     [echo] Please sign C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-unsigned.apk manually
     [echo] and run zipalign from the Android SDK tools.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 8 seconds
BUILD STAGE 2: Install on device
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [echo] Running zip align on final apk...
     [echo] Debug Package: C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk
     [echo] Installing C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 13 seconds
finished Android build-script.
Android=C:\lebbo\POINT\distribute\Android
success
Elapsed: 37.8 sec. Time: 14:00
Build: 1 succeeded.

Apk file is not installed on the device, I think I understand that the APK file is not properly signed (bold lines)

Windows 7 (EN)
JavaSDK 1.6.0_30
Glbasic 10.283 and 11.261

Suggestions?
Reinstall the current SDK or a better version? or... I have to change some parameters in the command I used?
Code (glbasic) Select
C:\Users\Administrator\.android>"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin\keytool.exe" -genkey -keypass android -keystore debug.keystore -alias androiddebugkey -storepass android -validity 1000 -dname "CN=Android Debug,O=Android,C=US"

Thanks, and Happy ST Patrick Day  :booze:

PaLe

Solved!,

Sorry for the trouble... 

mistake novices ... My other application on the device with the same name :whistle: