Hi and DDgui_text() - questions

Previous topic - Next topic

mahan

I'm new to both GLBasic and this forum, so first of all:

Hi guys and gals!

Ok, so i got questions about DDgui which I couldn't find answers to, through searching:

My test source:

Code (glbasic) Select
DDgui_init()
DDgui_UpdateFont(FALSE)
dlg=DDgui_pushdialog(100, 100, 200, 100)
DDgui_text(dlg, "test", 100, 20)
WHILE 1
DDgui_show(FALSE)
SHOWSCREEN
WEND

Questions:
1.) How can I force the DDgui_text() to be "single line" input i.e. no line breaks and word wrapping? Or am I using wrong widget for this?
(I'm trying to make a user-name input)

2.) Why is the default font "outlined"? Is this "kerning"? b) how do I disable the outline?

Best regards,
/Mahan

Moru

Not sure about #1

#2, you need to set your own font. Look in the Tools menu, Font Creator. There you can create whatever font you want to use. Kerning is what your normal fonts do, wide letters take more space than thin letters, compare "w" and "i". Kerning moves them together so it looks like normal text. Easier to read. If you don't use kerning, it will look like this:

wiwiwiwi  <--- no kerning
wiwiwiwi   <--- kerning

As you can see, it takes less space

mahan

Thank you for the reply. I made a dark gray font on black background since DDgui uses light colors (at least in my program) and it looks nice.  :good:
And thanks for the kerning explanation also. I knew the font thing as "variable width font" versus "mono spaced" but now i learned a new word  :)

Kitty Hello

The kerning can be enabled with DDgui_updateFont or so... It takes a second on the iPhone, so be sure to display a waiting message.