Updates

Previous topic - Next topic

Heathtech

I've been having a problem with updating my GlBasic.  When I click on the internet update option, the program closes and does nothing.
Any ideas on why this is caused?

Kitty Hello

Hmmm. What Version do you have? What operating system? Is there an Update.exe (or Update_e.exe) in your GLBasic-Directory?

Heathtech

I have version 1.30923 (2D, 3D, NET)

Windows XP ~ eMachines Laptop
1.8 GHz ~ 512 Mb RAM
Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 is just too bothersome)

There is an Update_e.exe in the GLBasic directory.

Just to check the Update_e.exe file, I executed it and got the following message:

##Version not available.
No Update will be downloaded.
Please call Update from Editor.

I followed those directions and it closes once again and does absolutely nothing.
When I used DiNGS Game Basic, the updating mechanism worked fine.

I've tried the update on a PC with about the same specs as mine, but it produced the same results.

Perhaps you may be able to identify the cause with this new information...Thank you in advance.

Kitty Hello

Oh dear. You must download the setup for version 2.x from here http://www.glbasic.com/files/glbasic_sdk.exe, and then you can get updates.
Sorry,
Gernot

Heathtech

Well, I've got good news and bad news...

The good news is that the updates now work!

The bad news is that "GLBasic has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I receive this message after I click on 'Internet Update'.  When I close this update manager, GLBasic reopens automatically, not remembering that I had been on it (forgets the file I was just looking at).

I personally don't have much care for that, now that I have the updates again.

Thank you for your troubles.