how compile for mac os 10.6.4

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi today, i try to make a probe about a very simple application, a search a little in the forum, but I don´t have succes.
Well I only make a simple "Hello World" print command, and compilte to mac Universal, but when I execute the application under Mac os X 10.6.4, it´s don´t make nothing, I read something about permissions on the file, and I try to make, but, equal, the appliacation don´t runs, only the icon make the common little zoom, but don´t execute nothing of the code.

Kinds, Regards,
Iván J.

Happy Cristhmas to all Forum  <:|

Kitty Hello

Did you _move_ the .app to the mac? When you compress it, there's sometimes problems that the binary is not with the +x flag.

doimus

I get that same issue when I compile under VirtualBox and then transfer the file via Virtualbox's shared folder to OSX.

You have to run Terminal window, navigate to the executable file (not .app folder but the file inside the folder - default name is MacOSX for GLB apps) and then enter "chmod +x MacOSX".

mentalthink

Hi Kitty & Doimus, thanks for your quick reply, yes now the app works on mac osX, I only make put the flag +x on the macos app.

Thanks for your time and reply.

Kinds Regards,
Iván J.

Kitty Hello

Is there any way to make that "automatically"? Like: put a .sh file instead of the "exe"?

mentalthink

HI Gernoot, I try to put the extension in .sh but don´t works, the effect is the same if not put the chmod +x

Kind Regards,
Iván J