News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Spots

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

This is the second on my three games that will be released for the usual platforms.  Again, its still beta, but is pretty much nearly there.  Almost...

This is my second strategy game, this time based on an Archimedes game (which ironically I never played when I did have an Archimedes) of the same name.

The object, as usual, is to defeat your opponents by taking over their squares.  You can either move to a sqaure directly next to your shape, where you will be given an extra shape.  Or you can move to a square that is two blocks away.  As this is a riskier move, you get more points for it.

Notes :

• Network mode doesn't do anything (and will be removed until I can do a decent system)
  • AI option shouldn't be available, and will be removed until I can work out something decent

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

A new Spots update is available on my site - need to do the Linux beta later on though.

The menu and text display has been completely revised, to take into account the soon-to-be iPhone version

Wampus

That's fun. Runs smoothly on my low powered EEE netbook too.

There doesn't appear to be any way to finish a game yet. I assumed that's just part of it being a work in progress.

MrTAToad

You win it by eliminating all opponents.  It should also end if there are no more spaces left.

MrTAToad

Source code is now included

[attachment deleted by admin]