DDgui with Tabs

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Hi,

http://www.glbasic.com/showroom.php?game=DDgui&lang=en

I've added tabs to the DDgui widgets. I'd like to be informed whether DDgui is of any interest for you. Are some controls missing?

greetings,
-Gernot

Kuron

I downloaded the example.  The tabs are a nice addition.  I am always interested in a GUI system for games as long as is functional, intuitive and looks nice.  Generally, most of my games depend highly on a GUI system.  However, DDgui is not exactly "pretty", but I have seen, made and used worse GUI systems.  I do not have GLBasic installed, so I can't play around with the code and see how easy it would be to customize the appearance.

But, what is there in the demo seems to work relatively well.  There are a few issues though.  The text box should auto scroll when you are typing in text.  I keep typing in text, but I have to manually scroll the text box just to see what I am typing in.  The tabs would look better if you were using some type of "panel" or "container" like the tab control Windows uses.  This way it makes it easier to see that they are indeed tabs, as they just resemble "buttons" right now.

Kitty Hello

You can very easily change the appearance by changing the DDgui_backgnd function. You can also skin buttons with a bitmap and change the colors with:
Code (glbasic) Select
DDgui_set("COL_BRIGHT", RGB(0xf0, 0xf0, 0xff))
DDgui_set("COL_NORM", RGB(0x80, 0x80, 0x90))
DDgui_set("COL_HOVER_BRIGHT", RGB(0x90, 0xe0, 0xff))
DDgui_set("COL_HOVER_NORM",   RGB(0x30, 0x80, 0xff))
In your code.

Kitty Hello

I put the DDGui_Backgnd function as a CALLBACK. Now you can adjust the look yourself.