Compiling for Android?

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtunacan

I'm unable to compile my application to Android.  I have installed Java 1.6 32 bit SDK as well as the Android dev tools.

Here is the error messages I'm seeing.

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:75 commands
compile+link:
BUILDSRIPT
BUILD STAGE 1: Compile and pack
The system cannot find the path specified.
BUILD STAGE 2: Install on device
Android=C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android
success
Elapsed: 3.9 sec. Time: 22:25
Build: 1 succeeded.

I have also the following in my environment variables setup.

ANDROID_SWT => C:\Android\sdk\tools\lib\x86
JAVA_HOME => C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41

Turbo TURTLE

"I'm unable to compile my application to Android.  I have installed Java 1.6 32 bit SDK as well as the Android dev tools"

I have similar problem too. First of all I downloaded and installed "java_ee_sdk-6u3-jdk7-windows-ml.exe" from 

"http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-ee-sdk-6u3-jdk-7-downloads-439818.html"

Is this right software to install? I have a doupt. Because it has been installed to

"c:\glassfish3\jdk7" instead of  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41"

Bigtunacan, where did you download Jawa from?

jSmith

Quote from: bigtunacan on 2013-Mar-29Here is the error messages I'm seeing.

Code (glbasic) Select
Android=C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android

I have also the following in my environment variables setup.

ANDROID_SWT => C:\Android\sdk\tools\lib\x86
JAVA_HOME => C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41

Did you also add C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41\bin to the System Path under the Environment Variables?
When your software fails blame it on the hardware.

bigtunacan

Quote from: jSmith on 2013-Mar-29
Did you also add C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_41\bin to the System Path under the Environment Variables?

Yes; I have that set as well.

MrTAToad

Make sure its the 32-bit Java SDK

bigtunacan

Yes, I am also running the 32bit version.  At one point I had to uninstall and reinstall the Android toolkit; somehow I think GLBasic was not properly able to locate the new location so I uninstalled and reinstalled GLBasic.  This now appears to pick up the correct location and the compile process gets further, but still errors out.  Here is the message I am getting now instead.

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:75 commands
compile+link:
BUILDSRIPT
BUILD STAGE 1: Compile and pack
     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [echo] No key.store and key.alias properties found in build.properties.
     [echo] Please sign C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-unsigned.apk manually
     [echo] and run zipalign from the Android SDK tools.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 12 seconds
BUILD STAGE 2: Install on device
     [echo] Creating output directories if needed...
     [echo] Compiling aidl files into Java classes...
     [echo] Compiling RenderScript files into Java classes and RenderScript bytecode...
     [echo] Generating R.java / Manifest.java from the resources...
     [echo] Converting compiled files and external libraries into C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android\bin\classes.dex...
     [echo] Packaging resources
     [echo] Running zip align on final apk...
     [echo] Debug Package: C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk
     [echo] Installing C:\Users\sfamily\Documents\_joe_backups\Dev\GLBasic\GLBasic\FlashCards\distribute\Android\bin\glbasic-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

BUILD FAILED
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:641: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Q:\Compiler\platform\android\android-sdk-windows\tools\ant\main_rules.xml:271: exec returned: 1

Total time: 11 seconds
success
Elapsed: 32.6 sec. Time: 09:55
Build: 1 succeeded.

Ian Price

I'm getting that too, but I presumed it was because I didn't have an Android device attached? It still produces .APK files though, so it did work.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

The only time you get that is if it cant install the APK automatically - it can be ignored...

bigtunacan

Ah; ok I was able to install on the device and opened the app.  It opened ok, but crashes as soon as I tap the screen.  How are you debugging on Android?

dreamerman

To debug on android use: 'GLBasic\Compiler\platform\android\bin\_Logview.bat' - of course edit it and change path to same as you have installed GLB and JDK.. it lets you view shorter version of logs, to full log file find 'android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe' and make bat file with such cmd:
'adb.exe shell logcat > log.txt'
it will create full log file for attached device..
To print some debug info onto adb debugger use STDOUT command in GLB - instead of DEBUG.

For example if you are using opengl inlines, don't use functions not available on OpenGL ES - such as glPolygonMode, glBegin... - that causes such crashes.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020