Support for 'Spine' or 'Spriter' and associated animation??

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffer

For 2D games, it would be great if commands (simplifying implementation and animation in GLBasic) supporting one or the other of the above could be implemented.  'Spiner' would be the preference....

'Spine' - http://esotericsoftware.com/

'Spriter' - http://brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm

Schranz0r

It's not to hard to create a "spriter"-like program by our own...

Have anyone a "sample" of a animation?
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

mentalthink

How says Schranz0r not it's complex do something similar, but really 25$ not it's nothing expensive...

erico

Like Scranz0r said, it is possible to code in such functions (though I´m not talented enough yet to give a try).

One possible route would be to check if those programs output something or have an SDK open and geared towards its use.
Maybe You might have to check if the soft creator. It could then be wrapped or something inside GLB.

I did ask a few guys about the later, since they did support a few game-makers around the market, but I did not get any successful answer or interest.
Most of them had a locked system where they are the only possible people to add support to 3rd party software.

I know this is  :offtopic:, but my primary vote on GLB improvements, is the sound system and working perfectly cross platforms.
Maybe we could do a poll about what people are most interesting in seeing? It could help inspire Gernot.

Schranz0r

Spine creates *.mov *.avi and picturefiles like png, jpeg -> ->Animationsprites<-<-

How about BONES in 2D?
I think it's not a realy big problem?!

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

erico

Just for reference, here is an old thread about this subject.
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=8900.msg75846#msg75846

Things might have changed nowadays.

mentalthink

I think with GLbasic it's really easy do a program like this , the only neede it's time...
Basically we have an example can be use for this.. appears something like a dragon or somelse, but whit polyvector and texturing, you can do more excinting things like this program...
This it's a Basic but this can do anything, and if you have skills with C++ the powerfull it's multiplied x10 or more.

Schranz0r

Later today i start a project, i think i call it "2D-Bones", based on the idea of Spriter/Spine!

Gernot:

Can i use the GUI right now?
Can you send me pls the newest version of GLB?

PC:

tatakamucher

mentalthink

Thanks Schranz0r
If you need some icons for the buttons please comment me...
I normally when I did an application always I do my User Interface form the scracht I never Use DDGUI, I have to learn to use it.

Or if you need some character I can do something in 3D o take some model and divide it into the needed pieces...

tatakamucher

this is the perfect moment to a beta release o something  =D (of course to me)

Ian Price

There may well have been more responses, however the server crashed and a few months worth of posts disappeared, possibly never to be seen again :(
I came. I saw. I played.