Questions about GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Drag and Drop won't be an option for me. ;)
Of course I won't pick a framework/engine just because it has particle effects but having some prebuilt functions like that is always nice to have.
Are Admob and IAP Android only or can they be used on iOS, too?
"- Small footprint of only 2mb + code + assets (unity is minimum of 20mb)" Great to hear that GLBasic can produce such small Apps/Executables!

Leon

Oh and how can you gain access to the bonus area?

Slydog

The Bonus Area opens up after you make 100 posts in the forum.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Leon

Wow. That's quite a few ;)

spacefractal

As Gernot, which might give you access. Its can been happens we add post to you. Im do cant do that. You sound like a nice guy.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Leon

Thanks, space fractal :)
Actually, being nice is something most users here have in common. :)

erico

Hi Leon, I would not bother with the bonus area, it is just a more closed place so people can share some betas for testing and the likes.
The real great information on our forum is outside the bonus.

dreamerman

On other hand GLB source is available only in bonus area so just for that it's worth of effort if you need to check/try some things.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

erico

Is it? I thought It was only on  the community development area.

dreamerman

Quote from: spacefractal on 2016-Aug-11
Glbasic is no longer 100% closed source. If you have access to the bonus area, you can get the glbasic source code. [...]
As I don't have access to both of those restricted areas I'm not suer about it.

Leon

Well, according to space fractal you need to reach 100 posts.

erico

For the bonus, yes, for the source, I think you need to be within the dev team, which is usually given to long time users and people that add important fixes/improvements.

Eric.Erpelding

QuoteWhat can Inline C++ be used for?
It turns out that GLBasic does not have a function that will convert a Hexadecimal string to a Decimal number.
One has to create a function containing INLINE code to call the sscanf function that will do the conversion.

dreamerman

As such function isn't often used in game dev, but if you need it, nothing stands in the way for you to write such function. Those are really basic things.
Even more, just look around on forum and use 'Search' option, really.
Code snippets - Math - Hex To Decimal and Decimal to Hex

spacefractal

im also newer used this kind of functions, and yes often, you can do FUNCTION to doing this kind of thing.

Last time im used it was a CDG Player in Blitzmax long time ago.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/