My first GLBasic Game

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtunacan

Here's a pic from my first GLBasic game.  Pretty simple concept.  You control a cutesy bird that flies around pooping on cars.  Scoring uses a multiplier system.  Essentially user has a score to meet within a time limit; hitting the multipliers is essential to leveling up.  I'm getting pretty close to launch.  The plan is for a simultaneous release on iPhone, iPad, HP Touchpad, PC, and OSX.

I also setup a Facebook page for it, not much to see there yet though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BirdTurds/252694884765990

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian Price

I've moved this to the Announcement forums so that it's easier to keep track of. Looking at the single screenie, I can't tell what type of game it is - Frogger? maybe, but the title sounds intriguing.

However, if you are going to announce a game made with GLB on the GLB forums, why not just post the details here, rather than linking to a site that has little/no further information?

Anyway, good luck and let's see and hear more about it on these forums :)
I came. I saw. I played.

bigtunacan

@Ian,

No problem.  I wasn't sure where these types of posts were supposed to go; I'll make sure to use this area next time.  I've updated my original post based on your suggestions as well.

Falstaff

Looks cool :) Bird turds.. lol..

Nathan

Good work there!  Great title. =D
Does his highness Steve Jobs allow any apps that involve bodily functions, however humerous they are, on iTunes now?

Kitty Hello

Finally someone who supports the idea that birds actually DO aim when pooping. I mean, I wash my car 2x a year. And the very hour after that there's a poop on it. The rest of the year they leave it alone.

Ian Price

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Sep-26
Finally someone who supports the idea that birds actually DO aim when pooping. I mean, I wash my car 2x a year. And the very hour after that there's a poop on it. The rest of the year they leave it alone.
Ha Ha! You're not wrong!
I came. I saw. I played.

Nathan

Ian Price

Excellent find there, Sir! =D
I came. I saw. I played.

bigtunacan

I got Bird Turds running on the iPhone tonight.  I've posted a video on You Tube for anyone interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRauVwr4ImI
And yes, I know I have an ugly voice. :(

Nathan

I'm always interested in what people have done here, is the Youtube video on your website, I can't see it?

AMateus

Can't see it either...

bigtunacan

Sorry, I accidentally pasted in the url from another page I had looked at. Fixed now.