V8 beta

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Can you PM me the url / params you exaclty use?

fjsantosb

Of course, I have just pm you! ^_^.

@matchy: Same for me, visit is logged and then hang up!

Thanks so much for your continuous support Gernot!

King Regards, fjsantos.
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

matchy

KittyHello, I've PM sent you my web page submit function code!

Kitty Hello

WEBGET$ is fixed then?

The final beta is out http://www.glbasic.com/beta/glbasic_sdk.exe
It supports Windows CE devices and the Pandora.

Hatonastick

So this is a beta, not the full release?  I mean if I download this and install it, I'm going to have to download and install the full release later?

If so I might wait for the full release then -- not like I can test any of the new devices anyways. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

trucidare

Testing GLBasic in XCode 4.

Here the Results.

[attachment deleted by admin]
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

A couple of things :

• When opening a new project, the editor doesn't check to see if the current program has been modified, and thus needs saving before loading the new project
  • With INIPUT, using a value of "" doesn't get rid of the key
  • Get "warning : note : TYPE TVector is not declared" when using Types that are in another file...
  • When compiling for iPhone, I get :
    /cygdrive/s/Compiler/platform/iPhone/bin/arm-apple-darwin9-libtool: file: gpc_temp1.o has no symbols
    /cygdrive/s/Compiler/platform/iPhone/bin/arm-apple-darwin9-libtool: file: C:\Users\Nicholas\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\output.bin(gpc_temp1.o) has no symbols - it succeeded, so I presume thats just a warning message
  • The Setup:Pack & Go program doesn't load

Quentin

it's still not possible to use the same function name in different types :(
Thus it makes no sense to use them imho

MrTAToad

Its a shame, but not a great loss.  I append the type name to the function to get around the problem.

Quentin

in my opinion it's a great loss. I won't use them otherwise as it's less work to use "normal" functions then. But as Gernot told us, it will be a great challenge to change this. It's a task for the pre compiler I guess. I hope he will be able to change this in the final version  :booze:

okee

Gernot just a small thing, v8 doesn't seem to save changes to the syntax highlighting.
When I change background colour/keyword colour it changes for the file i have opened
but not any other files in my project but then when i restart it's gone back to the original
colours
using v 8.050

Thanks

okee
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

Moru

That's probably the same problem as in v7, close all open files except one, change colors, close GLBasic, open again and it should work. Also make sure you only are running one instance of GLBasic.

okee

Yeah, thanks Moru, sorted.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

MrTAToad

One thing I can noticed is that you cant seem to call an extended type from within an extended type when the two are in seperate files :

File 1 :

Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE B
b
g AS Tg

FUNCTION foo: a%
DEBUG self.g.Tg_moo()
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

File 2 :

Code (glbasic) Select
TYPE Tg
FUNCTION Tg_moo%:
DEBUG "gg\n"
ENDFUNCTION
ENDTYPE

gives "error : call to undefined function : B__g.Tg_moo"

Kitty Hello

Did I really have the impression I could make this work!? Oh my...
I think the best approach is now to leave all that to the GCC and parse the GCC error and point to the GLBasic line where it occurs.
Yes, that's propably the best.