GLBasic v16 STEAM-VERSION out now!

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalNoir

There are a lot of questions in the steam forum. May be you should be more precise about compile targets : https://steamcommunity.com/app/819510/discussions/0/3300476731145632949/

May be someone could answer better than me, and may be update the store page to be more precice about that.

Schranz0r

Quote from: aonyn on 2019-Jan-12
@Schranz0r - I am glad you still use that same avatar. It has never failed to make me smile when I see it.

And will never change it! :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Ian Price

Purchased. It'd be rude not to :D
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Went to purchase it but now at full price, yet discount was advertised till 14th?  :blink:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Schranz0r

Gernot can request keys, ask him!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

bigsofty

Yeah, that's true. Weird it ended early though.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

I'm also got one key requests. Currecrly I'm can do nothing since I'm have no permission to request them and I'm should also not get the permissions as well.this gernot product.

Also my  self I'm can't repurchase my self, since I'm was allready a owner and a go developer so I'm could help him with the steam release. Howover some assets should been updated me thinks, but I'm did a shorter trailer.

I'm did wanted to add some Ian price games. Found Blox, but require a update to the code.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Just wondering - did you purposely only add desktop games into the trailer? was this so users would not expect mobile features?
Comp:

Kitty Hello

No, I just didn't happen to have better videos available - I am quite short on spare time and the STEM release cost me quite some grey hair.
However... [drumroll] it seems to have paid. I never expected this large impact.

spacefractal

Portrait games is a nogo on steam trailers as such. But it's OK for me to use a portrait game with a border to fill a full HD resolutions. Many of the videos was also in too low bit rate as well...

I'm do happy to show more games througt.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

One small install problem. When I installed the Steam version, it asked me where I wanted to put the Samples folder. I chose a non-default folder ("C:\Development\") and  it was copied there fine. But the File menu in the IDE had the "Samples" menu option greyed out from that point and unusable. Maybe confusing for noobies looking for samples?
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Great stuff! I'm sure most people buying it are interested in learning and using it, and will help to grow the userbase!
:)

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2019-Jan-16
No, I just didn't happen to have better videos available - I am quite short on spare time and the STEM release cost me quite some grey hair.
However... [drumroll] it seems to have paid. I never expected this large impact.
Comp:

StevetS

Just noticed the vid on Youtube and linked through to Steam - need to follow the forums more often than I do :-[

I've been working on the free version for a while after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 when I couldn't find my GLB registration code after reinstalling - my current project is 2D only so its not been a problem.

It's a good opportunity to repurchase though and support the product development. Will re-buy v16 this afternoon and drop a review on the Steam site.

Hopefully this gets GLB into the spotlight and boosts the community.

PLOT 50,50:DRAW 50,50,45454545

spacefractal

OtakuMaker SARL is closing down and is removed all my games in thier bundles (one is still remaining).

What do you thinks if all of us do a "Glbasic: Games Bundle", etc the list you see in the glbasic steam forum.

Also both my TimeKillers games is now free on Steam, but im is gonna to add a "Donation" DLC (which few have used) for Spot Race, and later for CatchOut.

Im do also consider im should release the source code? Even its mightbeen in mix of danish and english and could been documented much better for both TimeKillers games?