Is there a way to roll back to a previous version?

Previous topic - Next topic

codegit

Hi

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of GLBASIC. Unfortunately I did not tick the create backup file option(sorry). I would like to roll back to version 7.115. I apologise for this but the performance of the new version has a serious slow down for me on the iPhone and I am almost ready to release my first game.  O_O
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Moru

If someone else has that backup you should be able to install it. I don't know if the license is stored somewhere in the backup but I doubt it, more likely in the registry. I haven't updated in a while so my last version is 7.104

codegit

I have a .zip file of version 7.087 (which was created by the updater) but I have tried to recover using these files and have been unable too. I keep getting a create error, so I suppose it has something to do with security or registry??

Kitty - If you compile wumbo(iPhone) with the new compiler do you not see a slow down?
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

It runs with the current version. I don't see a slowdown, but you might be right, of course. I have to investigate what I changed since then and redo that.
Also - are you using POLYVECTOR that's slowing down, or just DRAWSPRITE? Or what are you using?

codegit

I am using drawsprite, animsprite plus all the roto commands etc. Also, I thought it might be my iTouch, but the other apps still run fine, so my machine is okay.

Here is an example of my code.
Code (glbasic) Select

FUNCTION drawdecal:

nowtime# = GETTIMERALL()
FOR g = 0 TO 19
IF decal[g].state% = 1
ALPHAMODE decal[g].alpha#
IF (decal[g].x# > 210)
decal[g].x# = 210
ENDIF
IF (decal[g].x# < 5)
decal[g].x# = 5
ENDIF
ROTOZOOMANIM 118,decal[g].img,decal[g].x#,decal[g].y#,decal[g].angle#,decal[g].scale#
ALPHAMODE 0.0
IF nowtime# > decal[g].vtime# + 15
decal[g].vtime# = GETTIMERALL()
decal[g].scale# = decal[g].scale# + 0.05
decal[g].alpha# = decal[g].alpha# - 0.04
IF (decal[g].alpha# < 0.0001)
decal[g].state% = 0
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
NEXT
ENDFUNCTION
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

MrTAToad

Are you using the latest 3.1.2 iPhone update ?

Kitty Hello

OK, I made a new update that reverts to what I think I migth have been changing. Is it faster now?

codegit

Thank you. I will download the update recompile/test and then get back to you guys.  :good: :good:
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

codegit

It is still very slow. I loaded back a project from 23 September 2009 (Which used to run very well with the old compiler and recompiled with version 7.144 and now this version also runs slow.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

@Mr Toad, no i am still using 3.1, I have not yet updated my OS.
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

Can you really confirm it used to be running faster?

codegit

Yes definitely (not only by a few frames, but quite substancial). My artist in the usa is still running the same version on his iTouch with no problems. Nothing has changed in the coding or graphics. Is there possibility for me to roll back a to a different version??
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

MrTAToad

You wouldn't happen to note the FPS would you ?

codegit

I cannot give the exact frame drop but it is substancial. If nobody else has the problem then it has something to do with me. But as I said I take a project that is two weeks old and definitely used to run fast (my iTouch and the artist in the USA), then recompile that same project(no code or graphic change) with the new compiler and then it runs extremely slow. I have also tried compiling on two different laptops and still the same. Obviously when running on the PC there is no visible frame drop. I am lost on this one.
2 X iTouch
iPad soon to be added

Kitty Hello

The problem is, when you are close to the 60FPS limit, and draw a single dot more (might be due to my code changes - no idea), then it can't sync to 60fps and will sync to every other frame (30 fps).

Really - if you could reinstall an older version and verify the slowdown, it would be the best. Don't you have the zipped old version?
Basically you just need the files:
compiiler/platform/include/glb.h
compiler/platform/iphone/Xcode/lib/libglbasic??.a

also remove the XCode directory from your project and rebuild.

MrTAToad

I've got RC2 (06/08/09) here, if you want it.  I've also got one dated the12th - dont know which version it is, because there is no version information in the file...