August Google Deadline approaching...

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

SF and Gernot - any update on a possible API 26+ SDK / Android studio workaround or fix for submitting to the playstore?

Thanks! :)  :help:
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

im have recent computer issues, and the weater is simply... just too hot to do some codning or something like that. Its about 32 degree here. So no im will not try it and im have not do any mobile stuff in about a half year as well. So dont except im will do that soon.

The project was just a Little bit overhelm by now, and im can get very easy to been stressed those days, as well im got a very bad july month as well (im is currectly on my reserve machine with minimal apps installed). So currectly im will hold back.

Sorry!

Remember as im did backed off about year ago and im will still hold back doing Android and Ios stuff, its simply no fun for me at all.

Also, yes 64bit support is also required soon too....

MULTIEDIT: Sorry for many edits and delete. this is last edit for now. There is a idea to tryout.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

Android & iOS Stopped!

Sorry, MrPlow.

Google and Apple did a nice job to annoying developers as hell and both have Deprecated important things (and im have a short temper those days).

Since im deleted the other typic (because im was so annoying, im sorry), the main reason for this is, they even depreacted the very important android.bat with the newer sdk build tools. So im do not gonna go everyway anyway to just relocate pathes (they have removed command tools).

Nice job, Google :-P.

We need to move its completly to Android Studio with FULL source for anything (all libs used cant been compiled before hand). Im cant and will not do that.

Im will in the future, im would only supports Windows and property Linux as well. For me all other platforms should been removed with a eventuelly Steam release (Gernot, you can email me). Im will also not consider a Mac release as well (due its might not Work in the future).

Im do have to say im do still happy to share my Ios xcode source code project, but im do newer really got a permission from Gernot to do this. The same move is also required by Android today = Full Android Studio integration with FULL Source with the SDL bits.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Its a real shame what Google did...

I suppose for now I can still put new titles on Amazon app store and maybe some others....
Comp:

spacefractal

Yes, its a shame.

And Yes, Google Play is currectly out. Requirements is set too high for glbasic im can do anything with it. its the full integration too Android Studio with full source as its was happens with Ios.

And Yes, its possible to use example Amazon AppStore and the Samsung one as the alternative. Fire tables only uses api-22, which is perfect for glbasic.

Just to reminder Google Admob DOES and might NOT Work on Amazon Fire devices. its a fork, so im cant do anything with it, since Google might have banned them. Im have also no idea the inapp purchase really Works on Amazon Fire as well (im have newer tested it at all).

Kitty Hello

The full GLB source IS available as a library. We only wwould have to see if it compiles (it's a single file).
What is the Adnroid problem in detail? Can anyone google it for me? Maybe there's a different solution!?

spacefractal

a full integration to Android Studio is required with no precompiled sld libs. We can no longer use the standalone SDK, since android.bat is depreacted, which is vital for glbasic.

Currectly im havent have the time to code recently, due the Baggers in Space game for Spectrum Next.

Im do more focus to help with steam release, but took some time to reply.

Im have no Android SDK or something like at at all and im have removed any thing relatede tor that, since im got tired with its SDK and requirements. Same with iOS: Im have no dev account or mac anymore.

erico

I´m interested in the outcome of this, but have no deeper knowledge of what is required. :(

MrPlow

Hi

App Game Kit and Gamemaker seem to have gotten around the issue somehow.

The key part I think is that Dalvik is being replaced with ART...but there is probably more to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_Runtime

Another way around could be to allow GLB to create a project for importing into Android Studio?

Comp:

spacefractal

Its was the main plan, but its not that easy at all and can take a lots of time to do that, and since im lost interests for the platform yet (all my games is Steam only now). The platform need to start from beginning, since not much can been used for the current version.

Etc before im can do anything with Android Studio is all SO libs that is used (except OUYA and GOOGLE) need to been go. The SDL libraries that is used is still 32bit only support and compiled for arm6. Those can been also issues for crashes for newer devices.

So by now im still wont come back to mobile development, and im have not even a iPhone anymore (but im do have 2 iPads).

spacefractal

we allready using NDK in years, but in a bit older version of the NDK, but glbasic is still require some Java code that cant been avoided, like the SDLActivity.Java thing.

*.SO is a precompiled C++ libs. There is various of them in the current build, but im cant do and will no longer use any SO files that is not from Google or such company. The only exception is Ouya eventuelly. The console dosent get a new version anyway.

Currecty im wont try to get it compiled, not now. But its a quite bigger project, and im is not even sure how sld really works. Im simply not have that time right now. My focus is currectly to get Steam working and a least should run on all major desktop machines or a great HTML5 port at least. HTML5 have been a much improvements in the recent years and much more possible to port to various platforms.

So its not that really simply. Im can simply not use any precompiled files. They will simple get various issues each times thing changes. Etc next year 64bit is required.... While glbasic DOES work in 64bit (iOS prove it), then Android cannot due those libs.

Im do was lucky im did iOS running, because its extractly that im need for iOS, which was all required code in source code form, so its possible to do iOS. Im should go back to iOS really. yes OpenGL is depreacted, but its wont been removed in near future anyway (that would breaks a LOTS of games), and there is a OpenGL wrapper as well.