PND startet nicht

Previous topic - Next topic

CptnRoughnight

Hi Leute,

Ich bin gerade in der Endphase für mein Beitrag zum "Crap Game Coding Competition 2013" und wollte nun anfangen das Spiel als einzelne PND auf der Pandora zu testen.
Sonst benutze ich immer den Umweg über die pandora-exe.pnd, weil ich weiß das die eigtl. PND nicht geht.

Jetzt die Frage: Wenn ich die PND erzeuge, was muss noch mitgeliefert werden? Im Terminal steht immer der Fehler :

Code (glbasic) Select

Starting the application ( ./pandora-exe.pnd  )           [ failed ]

Habe ich Einstellungen vergessen? Ich habe auch versucht den ganzen "distribute/pandora" Ordner zu kopieren, mit dem gleichen negativen Effekt.

Bitte um Hilfe, komme hier echt nicht weiter allein.

p.s. benutze aktuellstes GLBasic und Firmware SZ R1.55/Kernel 3.2.52

MfG

Ian Price

When compiling for Pandora, GLBasic spits out two .PND files.

While you can run pandora_exe.pnd on a Pandora, you won't be able to add it to the repo. To do so you need to wrap it up using something like .PND Tools.

You need to create an .XML (in a specific format) for the app. This includes game info, author, version, etc. etc. Provide .PNG screenies (place in Previews folder). It's also worth including a ReadMe/license .TXT. You will also need to add your Media. And of course your pandora-exe.pnd.

Once it's all wrapped up you can distribute it. Of course, as I said you can distibute the pandora-exe.pnd (with the media), but it's hit & miss whether users will be able to download it if it's not in their "precious" .PND format.

If you want to send me details of your name/username/handle, the Media, a ReadMe file and the pandora-exe.pnd (and a few .PNG screenies) and an icon. I can create the XML and wrap it all up for you and send it back so that you can up it to the repo if you wish.

Send them in a ZIP/RAR/7ZIP'd folder to iprice AT supanet DOT com

It generally only takes a few minutes to get it all working properly once you know how.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

CptnRoughnight

Thanks Ian Price,  :good:

but i will try it by myself first. There is no reason that I could not learn that! ;)

If I have problems, I'll report back.

Ian Price

Forgot to mention that you'll need a script.sh too (which goes into a Script file).

It's not difficult to learn. As long as you have a working .PND and 7Zip you'll work it out. I'd recommend opening up one of my .PNDs as I've made them (especially the script.sh) universal for any GLB game I create. All I need to do is change the app name in the script and edit the details in the .XML. Sorted.

Try Aquaventure, Hallowian, Dicey or AssCade (my entry into the crap game comp.)

If you need any help, just yell or PM :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.