Pandora

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardStan

Awesome!  A few things though:
1) I downloaded the SDK, for which I thought I was only supposed to be able to make Win32, Linux, and Mac with it? I didn't upgrade to premium or anything, just went through with the free version, but there doesn't seem to be anything preventing me from building for any of the other systems (notably Pandora :D).  Is that a mistake or did I misunderstand?
2) Pandora output is a .PND file but it's really just an executable.  PND files aren't executables, they're ISOs (or squashfs files) containing executable and data files, with a special XML file concatenated onto the end (and included within the ISO itself).  The XML tells the Pandora how to load the PND file (notably which file is the executable, what icon to use, etc...) so it can make a menu item for it automatically.  That being said, I was able to run the resulting PND file as just a regular executable.  Brilliant!
3) Those warnings are not strictly a problem but they are annoying.  I took the liberty of pulling the respective files off my Pandora and bundling them up here.  Just drop them into the arm-none-linux-gnueabi\libc\lib directory and the warnings disappear.

It still needs some work, or perhaps the applications themselves need to be adjusted, but I see a lot of awesome potential here.

Kosta

conserning 1)

Please check an example more than 5 min.

from GLBasic-News Site: http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=news

"GLBasic is now free for non-commercial Projects of the platforms: Windows, Linux und Mac (2D und console). If premium services are used, the running app switches into the 5 minute demo mode."
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

torpor

Hi!  I'm normally coding just fine on my Pandora with C/C++, but for fun I thought I would try a small GLBasic project, and so I've become a registered user.  (Anything to support more cool stuff on Pandora!)

Anyway, just wondering if the GLBasic compiler is using Floating Point in any way, and if so which fpu settings are used at the build stage?

Kitty Hello

I use:
-O3 -w -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

DjWillis told me that's fine.

LineOf7s

Heya.

GLBasic seems to be gaining some traction in the Pandora community, and I'm keen to keep the momentum going if possible, so I thought I'd follow up here before it got lost in the distractions.   =D

Firstly,
Quote from: WizardStanPandora output is a .PND file but it's really just an executable.  PND files aren't executables, they're ISOs (or squashfs files) containing executable and data files, with a special XML file concatenated onto the end (and included within the ISO itself).  The XML tells the Pandora how to load the PND file (notably which file is the executable, what icon to use, etc...) so it can make a menu item for it automatically.
This one's rather important.  For some assistance in making this happen (and it seems simple enough for the sort of person that can, say, write his own programming language  ;)), there's the PND Quickstart Guide available at the PandoraWiki that (from what I can tell) will tell you everything you need to know.

Secondly, this:
Quote from: WizardStanThose warnings are not strictly a problem but they are annoying.  I took the liberty of pulling the respective files off my Pandora and bundling them up here.  Just drop them into the arm-none-linux-gnueabi\libc\lib directory and the warnings disappear.
Hopefully these files can be incorporated (linked from the word 'here' above) into GLBasic such that those ugly ugly warnings don't pop up if they don't need to.

Again, GLBasic is starting to gain some traction in a new community and I'm always keen to see quality software get the sort of recognition it deserves, so hopefully resolving the issues above can help you get a foot in the door (so to speak).

edit:  Wow - first post?  Really?  I've been reading these forums forever and have never posted?  Well... that's the end of that, then.

Kitty Hello

can someone write me a batch file, that can make a .pnd archive from a directory on windows? I'll include that then.

Kitty Hello

OK, I think I got it.

kaiserpc

1st post woohoo ;-)

yep, let's keep the momentum going on GLBasic for Pandora.  I have downloaded the "free" GLBasic version and will upgrade to the full package when I (eventually) receive my Pandora.

I'm trying to get a GLBasic sub-forum setup under the development section on the Pandora boards - can anyone interested in this, post that they want this setup here; http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2331-glbasic-new-sub-category/

Hopefully if we get enough people to respond we will get a dedicated Pandora GLBasic sub-forum :-)

Moru

It would be preffered to have all the help for GLBasic on the official forums I guess. Otherwise you risk having questions on severals boards and no answers.

On the other hand it's good publicity to developers that wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.

Hmm...

Now if I just could get my pandora :-)