What type of Projects you want to see from me...

Previous topic - Next topic

trucidare

Let us have a look at my new Projects - you have the Choice
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

kanonet

Not on your list, but could you finish the Database project? Would be perfect it it would be platform independend and and "open source" (no gbal). Or is it already done now?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

trucidare

umm search for tDB in the forum. i think i released the source for that

erico

Maybe an extension of the 3d system or sound system?

A few games are always welcome too ;)

Crivens

Definitely the iOS libs. A fully working iAd lib (current one has problems such as making an iAd turn off or move around), update to fix the iPod music lib (doesn't work in ios5) or Multiplayer Game Center APIs for example would be brilliant.

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

trucidare

Because of some restrictions in my current situation i can't work on my own projects so i want to know what you could need.

monono

iAd, native Keyboard and Tables, Game Center,  full BOX2D with fixtures and stuff, windows 7 multitouch.
And everything as an Out-Of-The-Box-Experience  and a "... for dummies"-tutorial. Nice you ask! =D

trucidare

could be useful if you write what you exactly want for this libs. iAd: Show & Hide, but what else?

pinete

Hi,
Game Center and Openfeint integration might be fantasic!
as far as I know there exist memory leaks in the current ones.. I don't know if I'm looking for it doing my best..
:)
regards!

trucidare

ARC will reduce the memory leaks by autoreleasepool

tatakamucher

Quote from: Crivens on 2012-Jan-07
Definitely the iOS libs. A fully working iAd lib (current one has problems such as making an iAd turn off or move around), update to fix the iPod music lib (doesn't work in ios5) or Multiplayer Game Center APIs for example would be brilliant.

Cheers

+1

kanonet

Quote from: trucidare on 2012-Jan-07umm search for tDB in the forum. i think i released the source for that
You mean this Thread? Your last Post says there will be an update, but it never came, thats why I asked you to finish it.

And there is no "real" source code, "just" a dll-wrapper, everything is happening inside of these dlls. And because of these dlls, its windows only, but i need it platform independent (would like to use it on a linux server). I dont really need the source i would just like to have everything inside my executable, so there would be no external lib (.dll, .so, etc...), but if thats not possible it would be ok too, if it is platform independent, or at least works on Linux too.

Other wishes:
Improvements for 3D and/or sound are always good, e.g. a simple to use 3D-particle engine (scalable, extendable, with different types of emitters. Personally would prefer everythink thats not limited to one platform, so everybody can use it.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Crivens

Ok. Let's see...

1. iAd show and hide, plus ability to move it or resize it at any point. If adMob can be integrated into the lib so that when iAd fails it uses this instead then brilliant. Pretty sure I read a lot of people do it this way.
2. Game Center multiplayer functionality. There already is posted code for Game Center for highscores and achievements but multiplayer functionality would be amazing. I guess to integrate highscores/achievements into one lib would be even better.
3. Generic keyboard/alert library. Basically a single lib that could be called from any device and produce a keyboard/alert regardless of the operating system or resolution. For devices that have built in APIs (eg. iOS/Android/WebOS) then use the system APIs otherwise use a (skinnable would be nice) built in keyboard/alert system
4. OpenFeint functionality. I've read your old one has memory problems and might not work with the latest APIs. A new version would be great.
5. Camera lib. Mainly for iOS/Android/WebOS. Essentially include the lib and it will access the devices camera. An image is then saved to a file or possibly a sprite bank. Possibly to also allow camera overlayed by your own graphics allowing AR type games.
6. Fix for the iPod music API. This doesn't work anymore since iOS5.
7. Microphone API. Basically access the microphone. Either to grab sound into a file (start/stop commands), or to just monitor current sound. I'm thinking of apps that analyse the sound on the fly.
8. Access to the photos folder for iOS (other OS would be handy too). I mean the whole choose your photo functionality you can get in iOS. Plus maybe ability to save new pictures to that folder.
9. Google maps. Would be nice to do something with that.
10. Integrated browser. Some apps have a mini-browser that is quite nice to use while still in the app.
11. A 3D physics plugin would be pretty cool. I know I know, asking a fair bit there...
12. Access to the phone contacts could be interesting...

Hmm. Can't think of anything else now... All done by monday then? ;)

Heh, seriously though this is great if you are back on the lib trail again. One of the main reasons I bought GLB and told everyone about it was because of your great APIs. :good:

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Marmor

trucidare

3D and physics couldn´t be done by me. to stupid for that.