iOS 4.0 and GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

I updated my 3GS today with iOS 4.0, downloaded 2.3gb work of Apple iOS SDK, compiled a few older projects and all worked as expected, yipee :D

However.... With the event of iOS 4 we now have the joyous benefit of running more than one app at once and pressing the home button now pauses an iOS 4 app rather than quits it. I'm guessing GLB 7.x doesn't fully support this method yet? - I added the command AUTOPAUSE TRUE (I think that was it) but pressing the home button, then double tapping the home button, selecting the GLB app and it re-starts from fresh.

Will GLB 7.x be updated to support the pause / resuming of iOS 4 or is that going to be a feature of GLB 8.x? - Unless of course I'm missing something obvious  O_O

Kitty Hello

Yes, I think about using AUTOPAUSE for toggling this.

baicskillet

What about the new features from 4, are they all implemented in glb?

Kitty Hello

which ones? You can access them all with INLINE code

kaotiklabs

As far as I remember, all applications now must be compiled for ios4. All must meet the requirements or will be rejected.
So, if it´s not implemented now must be do it quick.

Probably my update will be rejected because I didn`t put that autopause thing :(
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

baicskillet

So, sorry for my noobish question, but do all the new capabilities from v. 4 are available in GLB? Including their much touted advertising feature?  I was thinking about implementing it to some programs I'm making for the appstore.

Wampus

Quote from: kaotiklabs on 2010-Jul-16
As far as I remember, all applications now must be compiled for ios4. All must meet the requirements or will be rejected.
So, if it´s not implemented now must be do it quick.

Probably my update will be rejected because I didn`t put that autopause thing :(
...but should be backwards compatible with 3.1.3? Those I know with an iPhone and/or iPod Touch device are complaining that iOS4 breaks many of their installed apps (amongst other problems)

I just got a 32GB 3rd gen iPod Touch to test my GLBasic apps on and I won't upgrade to iOS4 unless I have to.

Ozden79

I've recently updated one of our games which I compiled against 4.0 but set the deploy target to 3.0. It got reviewed and accepted.

You don't need to support the features of IOS4 but your deployment target cannot be below 3.0 which is a rejection reason.

kaotiklabs

Yes, that was my setup ios 4.0 to 3.0 compatibility.
But I didn´t put that autopause thing you commented, i supose is not a requirement now, no?
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

Ozden79

I could not support Multitasking in that game as well but while you are submitting your game, you have a checkbox to specify "fully tested against 4.0", just not check it and it should be ok.

baicskillet

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2010-Jul-16
which ones? You can access them all with INLINE code

Ah, ok, INLINE then. That's like a forum quote or code tag, isnt it?  I was referring to the new advertising feature from 4. Iwould like to add it to a game I'm making.

baicskillet

Kitty Hello